Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Iquazu Falls

While in Buenos Aires, Chuck and I went to Iquazu falls. Iquazu falls are located where Agentina, Brasil and Paraguay join. Here is Chuck and I posing for the obligatory photo proving we were where the three countries join.


Iquazu Falls are awesome. We haven't been to Victoria Falls in Africa yet, but found Iquazu to be more spectacular than Niagara Falls located between the U.S. and Canada. That is saying a lot because Niagara Falls is fantastic. The falls covered such a large area, that I could not do it justice with photos. Below you can see my attempt to capture the grandeur of the sight.




I had trouble trying to decide which pictures to share with you first because another wonderful sight are the butterflies. They are everywhere. They come and land on you and it was just amazing. I felt like I was in the middle of a Disney movie.



Between the falls and the butterflies this side trip was spectacular. We both came away with such a wonderful sense of communication with nature. If you ever go to Argentina, I would highly recommend going to Iquazu Falls. They are a little out of the way, but well worth the effort to get there.

No comments: