Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Chilean Fjords

Today I will share pictures of our journey through the Chilean Fjords. All of us passengers and some of the crew were out on the different decks to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Although I have not done it, I was told by fellow passengers who have, that it was similar to going through the inside passage of Alaska. This certainly makes me want to take the Alaska cruise sometime in the future.

We were bundled up even though it was a sunny day. Here is Chuck with a beach towel on his head to keep from getting sunburned.


What can I say? I don't have words to describe the beauty.



The captain of the boat detoured from the appointed route so that he could show us this special glacier. It was huge. The small dot in the water is a tender boat that went out from our ship.


Here is a close up of the glacier. Yes, it was actually this blue. We were told it is this color because the ice in the glacier absorbs all the color spectrums of the light from the sun except the blue which it reflects.


It was just awesome!


These photos speak for themselves.



We may have to do this cruise again!

Next I will share pictures from our first stop in Chile, Punta Aranes.

No comments: